- Kyambogo University Library users register with the University library and their current passport photograph uploaded on the library Patron System.
- After this, the person can borrow on presenting their University ID at the circulation desk.
- The staff of the University may borrow up to 6 volumes at a time for a period of four weeks during the semester or vacation except for the end of Academic Year-long vacation.
- Students of the University may borrow up to (4) four volumes at a time for a period of two weeks during the semester or vacation except at the end of the Academic Year.
- An external borrower may borrow up to two (2) volumes at a time for a period of four (4) weeks.
- Books in excess of the above-stipulated numbers may be borrowed only in very exceptional circumstances and by written permission of the University Librarian.
- A fine of Shs. 500 (five hundred) per day (reviewable periodically) will be charged on every book retained beyond the permitted loan period and/or a book damaged severely. Receipts will be issued on payment of the charge. This rule is applicable to all users described above.
- All students on completion of their courses must clear with the library. Students with unreturned books/debts with the library should not be issued with academic papers.