Title: LIBRARY ASSISTANT
Section: EDUCATION LIBRARY
Qualification: MLIS (UCU)
- Locate library materials for patrons, including books, periodicals, tape cassettes, and pictures.
- charging and discharging information materials
- Sort books, publications, and other items according to established procedure and return them to shelves, files, or other designated storage areas.
- Instruct patrons on how to use reference sources, and automated information systems.
- Inspect returned books for condition and due-date status, and compute any applicable fines.
- Answer routine inquiries, and refer patrons in need of professional assistance to
- Maintain records of items received, stored, issued, and returned, according to system used.
- Assists with processing patron utilization records using the automated library circulation system including the processing of overdue and reserve materials.